Labels

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Routine

One word: ROUTINE

"The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine." Mike Murdock



Okay, okay. I know we've all heard it before.

And guess why that is.

Because it works!

For me, I have to work out first thing in the morning. The more I put it off, the more I convince myself that I'm too tired, too busy, just don't wanna, etc.

And so we have our routine down.

1. Get the kids up.

2. Feed the family.

3. 1/2 hour of cartoons for little man.
-This is when I prep for my workout: I make sure Lil' Miss is comfy in her swing, the dogs are settled, Little Man has a cartoon ready in his room and has gone potty (so he has no excuses to interrupt me), and I change my clothes and gather any materials I may need.

4. Workout

5. Shower

6. Start the rest of the day

I have found that if I have a solid routine, the whole family knows what to expect and, except for the occasional hiccup, things run quite smoothly.

1 comment:

Little Yancey Family said...

Same here we're about as clockwork as can be. . . most of the time. :)