Labels

Monday, March 28, 2011

Where have I been? - Chelsey

I bet you're all wondering what happened.. again. Well, this is what happened. IM FREAKING FRUSTRATED AS HELL!!! Is that good enough for you??? I only eat 1200 or less calories a day, I have my protien, and I work out an hour every day. And have I lost any weight? NO!!! And have I gained any weight? YES! 3 lbs!!!

I just dont understand. what the HELL is wrong with my stupid body. Ive done this diet before and lost 13 lbs in one wekk, but this time my body just wants to stay the same. I can eat like a freaking pig and be lazy as heck and not gain.. Or I can excercise and eat healthy and not lose.

Bu thten talking to my darling sister in law, Michaela, she pointed out maybe its because of my birth control. What? I thought that was a lame excuse girls made up when they gained weight. COuld it be true?? we"ll see. I did some research and here is what people have to say :

"Ok, I have had Mirena for 2 years now after having a baby. I'm maintang my weight also but cannot seem to loose any weight either. I have 15 lbs still to shed from having a baby but nothing works.....diet, excercise, diet pills. I'm frustrated too!
"
I 've had the IUD since 2006 after my first child. I am so frustrated with not losing any weight, but I am not gaining weight either! I have been the same weight since I got the IUD. I thought it was only me , but turns out it's happening to a lot of us! I plan on getting ride of it to see if I lose weight or not. "

"That is exactly the same thing I have experienced. I have had my Mirena for about 2yrs now & my weight has stayed constant. When I first got it, I was a stay at home mom. Now, I work at a health club, eat WAY healthier, eat less, & exercise at least 3 times a week....nothing! My weight will fluctuate 2-3 pounds, but that's it"

Even a doctor said this"The objective is simple: lose fat and get lean. The IUD has been clearly shown in making your body resistant towards weight loss. Discuss the options with your physician.
Obtain all the facts, including the fact that using oral contraceptives will likely result in weight gain, too. And last, but not least, you might consider the other individual using a contraceptive. In my opinion, however, the only solution is to have the device removed.

So. TOmorrow. Im going to the doctor, and removing my IUD.. Has anyone else had these problems??? Heres hoping myt body kicks back into its normal gear fast. I only got 4 months.


"

4 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

That sucks Chelsea. I use the Mirena also but managed to lose 10 lbs and am now easily maintaining a near ideal weight, but I know everyones body is different. The sad thing is that after discussing it with my doc she said the Mirena actually has least effect on weight, but that was also 3 years ago. Good luck! I hope you can find something that works for ya. You may also want to test for insulin resistance because that can also make it really hard to lose weight.

Sara said...

What a bummer. I'm sorry Chey. I hate to tell you that I also have the Mirena. But true, every body is different. Definitely talk to your Dr. about it. I'm rooting for you! I really am wishing you find a good solution.

Jonny and Alli Katseanes said...

You don't know me, I'm Sara's husband's cousin :) BUT, I have had the same problems! When I went on the pill I gained 30 lbs over the course of a year. I started exercising and completely changed my diet but that just slowed the gain. Once I went off the pill I dropped almost 20 lbs! (then I got pregnant..haha) So, at least for me, it definitely affected my weight. Good luck! Don't give up!

Jonny and Alli Katseanes said...

Oh, it did take a couple of months for my body to get back to normal before the weight came off. So don't get discouraged if that happens to you too!