Labels

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chelsey Weigh In

It came, it came it finally came!!!

Let me explain.
I"m sitting on my couch, wondering what the day will hold when I see the mailman run to the door and drop off a package!
For me? I asked, and swiftly ran in greeting to the gift in cardboard. I unwrapped it with mighty spped and stoos in awe at it's prettiness. SO shiny, so glassy, so NEW!
Then I ran to the bathroom, set it on the floor, and decided to try something. I hopped on my old scale. blink...blink...blink....BAM! it showed me my weight. I hopped on my pretty shiny new thing and BAM! Immediatly I see my weight...Wait a minute. THis couldn't be right. This could NOT happen to me! SO then I jusmp from old sclae to new scale about five times and I realize...My old scale was lying to me. Not only did it never give me the same weight twice in a row (which thankfully the new scale has NEVER altered it"s original decision) but it was playing a mean trick. It was making me think I was thinner than I really was. It was trying to beguile me and gain my trust and friendship by giving me a false sense of thin-ness and security.

Old scale weight: 187
New scale weight: 192

But THAT was Monday. And after wanting to take a hammer to my new scale and throw it out the window, I decided there was only one thing to do. Beat my old sclae at it"s game. SO I worked...hard...and I ate...nothing (Not really, just was hungry ALOT)

SO my weigh in:
187.4

And while that might look like only 0.1 lb lost since last week, in reality its almost 5 pounds gone in a week!!! YAY!!!! Now I just can"t lose my momentum. Watch out Sara.

3 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

WOW! 5 lbs in a week! That's impressive! Though I wouldn't suggest the eating nothing thing. You still have to have calories to have energy to burn the calories and fat. If you don't have enough you get seriously bad cramps from a built up of some kind of acid. Just saying from experience. ;)

Sara said...

Eeps! I'd better watch myself this week if you have that kind of momentum. I'll make sure not to lolligag. Great job!

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

Uh-oh Sara! Chelsea is back in the game!! And she is doing fabulously well -- fabulously!! Yea Chelsea!