Labels

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sara's Accountibility Journal

I weighed myself yesterday.  It was up to 182.  But I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to rely on weight.  Weight is an indicator, but that is all.  I want to more simply be leading a healthy lifestyle.  I want to have healthy days.  Days I can be proud of having.  Days that will teach my children healthful habits of their own.  I have put my scale away and promise not to weigh myself again until October first.  I want to focus on my days personally, one day at a time.  Sometimes I may have to focus even smaller than that.  Perhaps one meal at a time.  Or one portion of a day.

Today was an okay day.  We had Krispy Kremes in the house, so I ate 2 of those.  Is it sad that I actually consider this rather good?  I remember days when I would have eaten 4 (or even 6) in a day.  Easy.  And I was sorely tempted to have more than the 2 I consumed. We also had ice cream for dessert, but I served myself an appropriate portion.  I went on a 20 minute walk with the baby and the dog.  I resisted the urge for a Coke.  (Can this be considered a daily achievement? I say yes.)  And even though it wasn't perfect, I logged my food intake entirely.

No comments: