Labels

Monday, August 24, 2015

Sara's Accountability Journal

Today felt like a good day.  I was productive - weeding and trimming and cleaning.  I took the dog on a 20 minute walk.  I made healthful food choices.  A few treats, but in moderation: ONE cookie, a small (1/4 cup) bowl of ice cream, and a small York patty to end my day.

As I was eating my tiny bowl of ice cream with a tiny spoon, I realized that I really enjoyed it.  It wasn't a large amount, but I took the time to savor it and fully enjoyed it.  But perhaps, most enjoyable of all, is the feeling that I was in control of my choices.  That helps make the treat entirely more enjoyable.  How is it that I know that this is the case - moderation and control make me much happier - but in many moments I decide to throw caution to the wind and REALLY splurge.  I somehow think that will make me happier, to treat myself to a giant bowl of ice cream, but it makes me feel worse.  Because I feel out of control.  And I know this, deep down, and yet I still make poor choices.  I must find a way to keep this information more readily accessible in my brain.

Moving onward and working to make better choices each day.  Looking into ways to make wiser choices with my meals, probably with less carbs and sugars.  Not a low-carb diet, necessarily, simply a lower one.

No comments: